Split the distance your way with RNIB's virtual running event
- Grab a mate and sign up to run the distance of a marathon (26.2 miles) between you during the month of September
- Split the distance your way. Take 13.1 miles each or find a more natural middle ground - it's up to you. Don’t fancy running? No problem – you can walk, jog, skip or cover the distance however you want
- Be there to support each other through every mile and every penny you raise towards your suggested £150 sponsorship target. Whether you run side-by-side or as a virtual pair, you’ve got each other’s back
The money you raise will support blind and partially sighted people across the UK.
You and a friend, from start to end
Marathon Mates is open to every kind of pair, whether you team up with an old running buddy, your guide runner or your partner who hasn't worn trainers since the 90s:
- Sign up for free by setting up a JustGiving page
- Get your marathon mate to sign up and set up their page
- Create a team page and link the two pages together
- Smash out 26.2 miles together during September
- Challenge yourselves to fundraise £150 between you and your buddy
Will you join these Marathon Mates?
Old running buddies back together
After 10 years apart, Steve and Stephen are getting back together virtually. Stephen wants to 'get my mid-20s shape back', whereas Steve is running for his Aunt Val, who is supported by RNIB every week.
A couple of couch potatoes
After a few too many nights in front of the TV, Shivani wants something new to get out for. Mo is a little less enthusiastic, but has insisted on taking more of the miles, just to prove to Shivani that he can do it. Time will tell.
More Marathon Mates
See who's doing something great with a mate this September.