Marathon Mates Terms and Conditions
By registering for RNIB Marathon Mates 2021 you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
- You acknowledge that you will be contacted by email, phone, SMS and post in relation to Marathon Mates, ensuring RNIB can deliver the necessary administration and communication required to complete your successful participation in the event.
- You acknowledge this is a fundraising event and you and your Marathon Mate will aim to raise as much as you can for RNIB. We suggest setting yourself a target of £150 between you (just £75 each).
- When fundraising, you will act lawfully and follow the fundraising guidelines given by the RNIB. You must make it clear you are fundraising in ‘aid of RNIB’ and are not representing on behalf of RNIB. You must not do anything that may harm the reputation of RNIB or act in a manner contrary to our values.
- For any independent fundraising events that you carry out to raise funds, (e.g. cake sale, pub quiz etc.) you acknowledge that you are carrying such events out in your own capacity. It's your responsibility to organise all aspects of such event and make it clear that such event is run by you "in aid of" RNIB and is not run by RNIB. You also agree to make it clear that such event is not "on behalf of RNIB" and that RNIB will not accept any responsibility or liability for such event. If you wish to use RNIB's logo, please contact the RNIB challenge events team who can provide an "in aid of" logo.
- You agree to secure a license from the relevant local authority before collecting funds on the street or in a public place. You acknowledge you are responsible for obtaining any such license and this is not the responsibility of RNIB.
- You agree to send all sponsorship funds collected or raised to RNIB no later than four weeks after the event.
- You agree to ensure any cheques relating to your sponsorship are made payable to RNIB and sent to the RNIB Challenge Events team with the event name, your full name, address, and supporter reference number.
- When fundraising, you will make your donors aware that a proportion of the money you raise will go towards paying for your place in the event. (RNIB carefully budget to ensure that as long as you meet or exceed your pledge, we will make a profit on your participation in the event. However, it is critical you make your donors aware of this).
- If you have to withdraw prior to the event, you must notify RNIB immediately. Any money raised will be retained as a donation towards RNIB. If you wish to refund your donors in this instance, you must ask your individual donors to make a written request to RNIB, as they will need to be refunded directly.
- The event which you are registering for is physically challenging and may pose a risk of discomfort, illness, injury, and even death. You need to be satisfied that you are physically capable of doing the event without undue risk to your health or life. We do not conduct health or fitness checks on entrants and the responsibility for your ability to participate in the event is with you as the participant.
- If you have a medical condition or are unsure of your physical ability to take part in the event, you must seek medical advice from a general practitioner prior to participating in the event.
- You acknowledge RNIB is unable to provide insurance for fundraising activity, and you are responsible for securing appropriate insurance cover if required for your fundraising activity.
- You acknowledge you are fully responsible for your participation in Marathon Mates and RNIB does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage arising from Marathon Mates.
- You acknowledge that any photography or film footage sent to us as part of your participation in Marathon Mates can be used for promotional and marketing purposes for this specific event and any future RNIB events activity.
- You will ensure all correspondence regarding your event participation is directed to [email protected] or 0303 123 9999.
- You can only register for Marathon Mates if you are aged 18 or over. Participants under the age of 18 (and aged 8 or over) can take part in Marathon Mates but must be partnered with an adult who has the consent of the child’s parent or legal guardian.